Tuesday, July 7, 2020

How to make rock candy the sugar crystals

How to make rock candy

How to make rock candy the sugar crystals


hi everybody this is Jen from cookies cupcakes and cardio comm, today I'm going to be showing you how to make homemade rock candy. we recently made a cake,
Penguins of Madagascar that used lots of rock candy,
and I was reading through the comments and people were asking of ways
that they could make it themselves at home so I put together this article for
you so let's get started so we don't need many ingredients. to make the raw candy.


How to make homemade rock candy

we need just 1 cup of water 3 cups of white granulated sugar now these parts
are optional I've just got some colouring, you can also use food coloring
for this I have gel paste out in front and I also have some different.
flavorings and you can use them or omit them it just depends if you want your
rock candy to be flavored and then we're going to be growing the rock candy on
these little wooden sticks you could also use popsicle sticks or you could
also use cake pop sticks so the first thing we're going to do is bring our cup
of water to a boil which is 100 degrees Celsius or 212 Fahrenheit so once the
water is boiling just turn it down slightly and then by the 1/2 cup we're
going to add the sugar so I'm just going to add 1/2 cup here and probably start
off with a cup here and then I'm just going to stir it and I'm going to keep
stirring and letting the sugar in here dissolve while I'm stirring it we're
gonna get the 3 cups of water in or sorry the 3 cups of sugar into the water


How is rock candy made

which is going to saturate it and that's going to be how the rock candy, forms so
I'm just gonna keep stirring and adding the sugar. and it looks like it's
dissolved from that first addition so I'm just going to add some more and then
keep going so I have all of my sugar in it's nice and thick and the sugar is
dissolved into the water mixture so now,
I'm going to just give it a final couple stirs and I'm going to set it to the
side for about 15 minutes to let it cool and in the meantime I'm going to set up
the where the rock candy is going to grow so what we need to do next is give
a surface for the rock candy, to grow on.

READ ALSO: 

How to sign up and apply for food stamps easy tips


How to make rock candy on a stick

I'm taking my wooden sticks, and I'm just dipping them into the water here just dipping the stick. and making it wet and then I'm going to roll it in this white extra sugar, so you don't
need too much you can tap it off and this is just going to give the rock
candy, something to stick to and so like I said it's gonna help it grow. so just
stick it in the water and then dip it into the sugar so we're gonna let those.
dry and wait for our mixture to slightly, cool so what I've got set up are small
narrow glasses and if you you can use anything, that's kind of like long and
cylinder like this in order to help grow the rock candy and what you're going to
do is if you want one to be color just gonna put a drop in to the bottom you
don't need very much because it is quite a small amount so I've got some blue and
some pink coming in here.


How to make rock candy fast

if you want coloring or sorry if you want flavoring,
if you want to have one flavour for all of your rock candy you could put it in
while before you take it off the heat but I want to show you how to make
different flavors. so I'm just going to put a little drop as small as I can get
here into that blue one there and then change the flavor and put another drop
in the second one so this third one that's on my right here I'm just going
to leave it plain. because the clear rock candy also looks kind of cool so I've
transferred my sugar mixture, to a container that I can pour from and the
mixture is still hot you just want to make sure, you've given it a little time
to cool down slightly so we're going to do is just pour into my containers here
and then I'll give them a stir so I'm filling it you want to leave a little
bit of room for this for the stick to go in there and just give it a little stir
so it mixes up all of the color and the flavor I'm just going to repeat that
with all three and then I'll show you what to do with the sticks so what I
have are large clothes pegs you could also use the regular sized ones these
ones are just like because they have a little hole in the middle which just
happens to fit perfectly with the stick.


How long does rock candy take to make

so what you want to do now is you want,
to put the stick right into the center of the mixture but you don't want it to
touch the bottom so what I did is I just go down to the bottom. so I can feel the
bottom and then bring it back up a bit because if you put your stick too low
then the candy won't be able to grow as far as you want it. to grow so
that's as simple as it is and then you're gonna leave them for at least two
to three days in order, for any candy to grow and some of mine I left for a
couple of weeks and so I'm going to be bringing. those ones out to show you and
I will show you how to get them, out of the container after this so these rock
candy growths have been growing for about two weeks, and what you want to do
at that point is take them off. take off the little clothes cake.


How to make sugar crystals

and then the surface is hard so you just want to break it and you can do that
with just a butter knife and make sure that you're not breaking it right by the
stick and then you want to dump the excess out here like that and then
inside you can see that the rock candy has grown around the little post here
but unless you're really lucky you might have problem getting it out so what I've
had success with is just holding hot water from the tap along the bottom of
my container here and then gently prying it away once it gets a little bit soft
so I'm going to go and do that and I'll show you the final product so I have the
piece of blue rock candy out now and it's all ready to be eaten and I'm going
to take the rest of mine out as well and I'll be back to show you all the
finished colors so there you go everybody how to make your own homemade
rock candy it was a pretty simple tutorial today but something that's
really cool that you may not have done before so I hope you enjoyed it and you
learn something new I will see you all again
next time

How to make rock candy the sugar crystals Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: InstinctShare

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Categories

Popular Posts